More Views

Lens Barrier LB-T01
3.8 Stars
$49.99

BACKORDER

Item #V325790BW000-U410-AF01

Lens Barrier LB-T01

Details

Optional lens barrier that protects the lens surface from scratches and dirt. Turn the lens barrier to open and close for instant shooting. Easy to use even when wearing gloves. Cannot be used while the Silicone Jacket CSCH-127 is on the camera.

Compatible with TG-1/2/3/4/5/6.

• You May Also Like
  • iGoDigital block 1. This is where the content from iGo will go.

Tell Us How Much You Love The Lens Barrier LB-T01

3.8 out of 5 stars
(4)

Do you own this product? Please, tell us what you think about it. Reviews help us provide you with better products. Please note that it may take up to 72 hours for your review to appear.

Write Your Own Review

Before submitting your review, please note the following:

• It may take up to 2-3 business days for your review to appear.
  • Reviews should focus on your experience using the product, its features and functionality.
  • We encourage you to contact Technical Support prior to posting your review if you have any questions regarding functionality.
  • Submissions containing comments about pricing, the purchasing experience, technical support, customer support, or repair will not be posted. Please contact us directly so we may address such comments.

*Prior to 7/13/20, under the Olympus Rewards program users received 25 rewards points for any product review. This incentive is no longer offered.

Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register

3 out of 5 stars
December 16, 2021 by Phil

Great idea, but susceptible to dust

I liked this Lens Barrier LB-T01 a lot at first. I used it chiefly while kayaking, and it let me keep my TG-4 lens protected while not in use, but open quickly and easily for use. Close quickly too. Previously I used the simple lens cap, on a ring adaptor, but this takes a bit more dexterity to remove and put back on, and also is easy to lose in active situations. It can also be scraped off the camera in same active situations. I have had to buy several replacements over the last few years. However, I took this lens barrier on a 20 day kayaking trip along the coast of Baja California, camping each day. There was not much wind and dust, but eventually the barrier seized up in the closed position. To take photos I had to remove the whole thing and shoot with a "naked" lens. A bit scary, though my camera survived it. When I got back I asked for help on this from Olympus Customer Support, and got excellent attention. Several techniques to unlock the lens barrier were suggested (manipulate the blades, clean with high-pressure water), but nothing worked. I am buying another one, because it is so darn useful. In the future I will keep an adaptor ring and lens cap with me when I am in the field. Great idea, but not as rugged as the camera it is built for,
Read More
2 out of 5 stars
November 30, 2021 by Wally

Not well thought out.

Ok so it's a cute little plastic iris that opens and closes, sort of a lens cap that stays attached to the camera. What the web site doesn't say is this thing goes in the bayonet mount on the camera and cannot be used with any other add-ons such as in front of the adapter with protective haze filter. So this thing is marginally useful protecting your lens. In dusty or wet environments soon as you twist it open the lens is directly exposed to the elements and when it gets dirty you will be scrubbing on the lens not the protective filter to clean it. Not at all well thought out.
Read More
5 out of 5 stars
February 11, 2020 by Michael Pipefittermike

A Must Have

Okay,yes this lens barrier is way functional.... and it is a finely crafted piece of camera equipment for my TG-6. And yes, it really does not come with the camera, but i believe it is necessary, just bite the bullet and buy it, you will not be disappointed, it works really well. i was constantly putting my fingers on the lens and then getting out my lens cloth to clean it. This is an excellent option, just buy it already...
Read More